28 Feb CertainTeed Renovations
Under contract to E&P Enterprises, we recently completed the drywall and acoustical ceiling scope in an office renovation for building product manufacturer CertainTeed. The project, designed by insite design group, is located on the lower level of their Calgary office; a modern mix of open office space, airy meeting rooms, and a functional kitchen area. CertainTeed intends to use this impressive new space as a showroom to demonstrate its unique interior products to customers.
Our pride and joy of the project is the elliptical bulkhead in one of the meeting rooms. Painted CertainTeed’s signature blue and lined with linear lights, the bulkhead extends across the length of the room with a concave effect, meeting the wall at the front of the room and creating a huge design impact.
We would like to draw attention to some of CertainTeed’s own products we used to complete the project, including:
- Performa Symphony f from The Symphony Ceiling Collection. This ceiling tile has a high light reflectance, which makes it an ideal product for a space with limited access to natural light. It is flexible, puncture and scratch resistant, has a washable surface and superior sound absorption – a highly practical tile that is sleek and timeless.
- EZ Stab Suspension System. This grid naturally coincides with the Performa Symphony f ceiling tile, creating a cohesive and streamlined appearance.
- Habito™ Gypsum Board. This drywall is revolutionary in its performance, and we were the first to install it in Western Canada! What better place than at CertainTeed’s own office? Strength and impact-resistance properties make it an obvious choice for high-traffic hallways and well-used spaces. Check out the product video!
- SilentFX® QuickCut™ Noise-Reducing Gypsum Board. As its name indicates, SilentFX QuickCut drywall was designed to improve sound attenuation, and is moisture and mold-resistant.
- Diamondback® GlasRoc® Tile Backer. Designed for use in high-moisture areas, this product eliminates the need for a separate moisture barrier. View the video to learn more!
- NO-COAT® Structural Laminate Drywall Corner System. This complete corner system creates taping efficiency, increases strength and durability. Learn more with the video.
A bonus? Our team received a tour of Certainteed’s drywall manufacturing and finishing plant. A very informative and impressive experience!